Friday, August 19, 2011

Rejection. It happens.

So I've gotten my first rejection email regarding the manuscript I sent in to the first of two different e-pubs. I'm starting small, and figured that while I love my story, it might not fit in with the genre that the first e-pub seems to be concentrating in. Though the big R still stung, it wasn't as if a part of me wasn't already expecting it. The jury is still out on the second publisher, so I'm keeping my toes crossed and my fingers busy writing.

As the mom of a daughter who recently turned one, I have to say that the biggest challenge I face these days, aside from trying to chase her around the house, is finding the time to write. Mostly, it's while she naps (like now) or after she goes to bed and after my nightly trip to the gym. Writing and working out were two things I did daily, like a machine, before she was born, but now, it's much harder to do both. But it's not as if I'm willing to give up either one of them, so I compromise as best I can.

So while the baby is still napping and my muse is slapping me in the back of the head and yelling at me to get on with it, I'm off to write. Here's hoping that my characters feel like showing up!

Have a wonderful day and whenever possible, write dirty.

K.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment